Based near London Bridge, Arcturus Publishing is a friendly and successful company, dedicated to creating books that combine excellent content with attractive design.
Arcturus publishes a wide range of illustrated books as well as ranges of classic fiction and non-fiction titles. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced designer to work on an increasing variety of books across a range of subjects. Liaising with Editorial, you will be responsible for finalising and approving titles to pass to the Production Department and managing any design changes in-house as required. You will also play a role in the creation of new covers, presentation spreads and book templates for new titles in line with publishing schedules.
- Create exciting cover and spread designs for new titles
- Manage files as they come in from external suppliers, taking in design amendments
- Prepare print-ready files for production as per guidelines
- Manage amendments to reprints or specific Sales projects as required
- A minimum of 1–3 years’ experience, preferably in publishing design
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
To apply for this position, send your CV, portfolio and a covering letter stating salary expectations to the Design Director: email@example.com
Closing date: 1st April 2019
Our privacy notice for job applicants can be found here.