Children’s Book Designer
Based near London Bridge, Arcturus Publishing is a friendly and successful company, dedicated to creating books that combine excellent content with attractive design.
The Children’s team develop a wide range of fiction and non-fiction titles, including classic stories, reference titles and activity books, as well as novelty titles, lift-the-flap, board and model books. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced designer to work on an increasing variety of children’s books across a range of subjects.
Day-to-day, you will be integral to the creation of a number of titles in our growing list. Working closely with Editorial, you will be responsible for finalising and approving titles in their handover to Production and managing any design changes in-house as required. You will also play a vital role in the creation of new covers, presentation spreads and book templates for new titles in line with publishing schedules.
- Manage files as they come in from external suppliers, taking in design amendments and small artwork changes
- Prepare print-ready files for production, as per guidelines
- Create exciting cover and spread designs for new titles
- Build on new project ideas and research new illustrators
- Manage amendments to reprints or specific Sales projects as required
- Keep in touch with trends in Children’s books and illustration
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in children’s book design
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
To apply for this position send your C. V., portfolio and a covering letter stating salary expectations to the Design Director: email@example.com
Closing date: 6th July 2018